At Make It Right Construction, you're only as good as the people around you. That's why we work with the best, and why we're always looking for dedicated individuals interested in one thing: Getting the job done right.
Working at Make It Right Construction is about longevity and results. More than a crew, we're a team that focuses on cultivating individual strengths to achieve top results, for both our clients and our employees.
We offer rewarding opportunities, competitive rates and a dynamic work environment that supports distinct growth in skills, industry know-how and experience. Our employees are passionate over-achievers who thrive at what they do while being challenged by their work, whether it's project coordination, construction or administrative support. And we provide the right resources and initiatives to help our employees achieve their very best.
As an employee, Make It Right Construction is more than a job. It's a career where you get what you put in, and by making a difference in people's lives you make a difference in your own, because Make It Right goes beyond construction - it's about you, your family and the people you touch through your work.
Join our team and help build your future, because together we can make it right.
Rate of Pay: Based on relevant experience.
The Renovation Technician is responsible for completing the day-to-day tasks of any renovation project as directed by Site-Supervisors and Project Managers. This includes, but is not limited to, tiling, framing, drywall, mudding, demolition, painting, trim-work and site maintenance.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ontario G-Class Drivers licence with clean abstract.
- Reliable work vehicle, van or truck (Location of jobsites vary in the GTA).
- Own tools for Drywall, Mudding, Tile, Carpentry, Demolition and Paint.
- Proficient in oral and written English..
A qualified candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience in the residential renovation industry.
Preference given to those who possess a trade certificate or licences.
- Read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Communicate issues to Project Mangers in a clear and concise way.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Occasionally coordinate trades and schedules to keep projects on track.
- Demonstrate an ability to learn new and innovative techniques and methods of building.
- Devise solutions to unexpected problems on the fly.
- Document and report progress and findings in construction management software.
- Comply with all MOL and Health and Safety Regulations at all times.
- Identify substandard building practices and unsafe work areas.
- Interact with homeowners and clients in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Observe company specific standards of building at all times.
- Train and teach labourers the processes of renovating and skills required to renovate.
- Layout and construct residential wood floor, wall and roof systems.
- Layout and construct light gauge steel wall and ceiling systems.
- Form, Mix, place, and finish concrete.
- Install interior and exterior doors, windows, finishes and trim.
- Install interior floor, wall and ceiling finishes.
- Recognize older construction materials and practices as well as how to integrate them into current building methods and code requirements.
- Understand basic structural components of buildings.
Tasks are expected to be carried out with minor supervision.
Represent the company in a professional and respectable manner.
Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure and deadlines.
Ability to work efficiently as an individual and as a team.
Knowledge of Ontario Building Code is imperative.